The 1-Day Practitioner Training Course (PTC), also available as a distance course, covers the curriculum in a hands-on interactive format. Pre-course reading materials and a quiz will be sent out to learners prior to the course.
A Certificate will be emailed to you following successful completion of the entire course:
- attendance at training (either on-site or distance), and
- receipt of your quiz (with passing score)
After a learner has successfully completed the course, the learner may use the designation “iLs Associate” and are qualified to purchase the iLs Focus Series. The Interactive Language Program is also taught in the training. Trainees may become resellers of home equipment after they have completed the training requirements as well as their own listening program, and demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of the equipment.
Upon successful completion of the 1-Day Practitioner Training Course you will:
- Identify and explain the three frequency zones and how those frequencies impact our body and learning
- Explain how the cochlear and vestibular systems are connected
- Define terms used in iLs (e.g. EHS = Enhanced High Spectrum is full spectrum music with elevation in volume in the high frequencies)
- Explain how sound, movement and visual tracking are combined as one program
- Explain how to implement sound, movement and visual tracking in one session with a client
Course Content & Objectives
- Understanding the key elements that inform iLs methodology
- Reviewing relevant neuro-anatomy of the ear, brain and nervous system
- Hands-on practicum for the auditory, visual and balance components of iLs
- Discussion of iLs’ music processing and program design
- Case study practice in combining programs and individualizing iLs
- Review of clinical assessment tools for program selection
- Integrating iLs into a clinical practice or school setting, including home use
iLs is an American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
iLs is an International Institute of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standard; Certified Autism Specialist Credential approved provider.